The Philippine Heart Association has released vibrant and entertaining educational videos about "Let's Do 52100 daily!" movement. These videos could be played in patient gatherings and events.
5 SERVINGS OF FRUITS AND VEGETABLES
1 HOUR OF MODERATE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
0 NO TO SUGARY, SWEETENED, BEVERAGES
0 NO TO SMOKING, NO TO SECONDHAND SMOKE
On June 20, 2014, the PHA Council of Hypertension, together with doctors from the area, conducted a BP ng Titser Ko, Alaga Ko, at Ormoc City Central School, Ormoc City, Leyte. The event was attended by 212 teachers and doctors, who gave the teachers blood pressure screening and check-ups. Led by Dr. Irma Marie Yape, Chair of the Council on Hypertension, the event was attended by cardiologists Dr Rhodette Arevalo and Dr Honey Dayandayan-Alcantara; nephrologist Dr Mercedita Piamonte; pulmonologist Dr Nino Jessielito N. Doydora; and Drs. Rodrigo Capahi, Maidy Ann V. Arguelles, and Judith Joliano. Also present were LRI Therapharma CME Manager Joel Manasan, CSM Manager Ronnie Manliclic, and DM Ryan.
The Philippine Hear Center-Pintig Puso Foundation Inc. in cooperation with the Department of Adult Cardiology will hold its 13th Post Graduate Course on July 10-11, 2014 at Dr. Avenilo P. Aventura Hall of the Philippine Heart Center.
This year's topics will include Approach to Common Cardiac Emergencies and the latest developments in the diagnosis and management of cardiovascular diseases. Practicing physicians, specialists, trainees and allied medical professionals are welcome to attend this 2-day scientific symposium activity.
The 20th ASEAN Federation of Cardiology Congress will be held in Kuala Lumpur Malaysia on June 12-15, 2014. For delegates attending this convention, NHAM apps are available for download for both Android and iOS users.
The Philippine Heart Association, together with the Asia Pacific Society of Cardiology and the World Heart Federation, recently submitted a letter to the Office of the President of the Republic of the Philippines, pushing for stronger labeling requirements and eliminating tobacco industry influence in policy making.
- 2014 Specialty Board of Adult Cardiology List of Successful Examinees
- Interactive case presentation: Interesting ECGs
- Candidates for the PHA Board of Directors 2014-2015
- World Congress of Cardiology; May 4-7, 2014; Melbourne
- Joint Symposium of the Mexican Society of Cardiology and Philippines Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology: Advances in Multi-Modality Imaging
- 45th Annual PHA Convention: Pre-Registration
- AHA Emerging Science Series Call for Abstracts
- Philippine Heart Rhythm Society Inaugural Scientific Symposium
- Go Red for Women
- What is Braveheart?