In adults, the role of psychosocial stress in the development of cardiovascular disease (CVD) is well established. However, there is less focus on the effect of psychosocial stress on the cardiovascular health of children and adolescent.
We are pleased to inform you that The Indonesian Heart Association through it's Interventional working group society (Indonesian Society of Interventional cardiology) will be a hosting the 10th Asian Interventional Cardiovascular Therapeutics (10th AICT) on November 27-29, 2014 at Ritz Carlton Hotel, Jakarta.
Up to 25% of patients with coronary artery disease (CAD) undergoing coronary angiography have atherosclerotic plaque that is not expected to obstruct blood flow or result in anginal symptoms. This condition is designated as non-obstructive CAD, and has been characterized in the past as "insignificant" or "no significant CAD" in medical literature.
Protecting the Heart of the American Athlete: Proceedings of the American College of Cardiology Sports and Exercise Cardiology Think Tank
Despite the health benefits of physical exercise, it is also associated with a paradoxical but small risk of sudden cardiac arrest (SCA) and sudden cardiac death (SCD). Cardiovascular causes account for 75% of sport-related deaths in young athletes. The rates of SCA/SCD vary according to athlete age, gender, intensity of activity, race, and ethnicity.
One is never too young to keep trim, as evidenced by a recent article published in the Journal of the American College of Cardiology.
- 1st Highlights of the International Congress on Thrombosis, January 2015, Egypt
- Abstract Submission Extended - 15th December 2014 | 20th Asian Pacific Society of Cardiology Congress
- Beta-blockers for heart failure with concomitant AF
- The first Newsbriefs issue under Dr. Abanilla is out online
- Does eating healthy cost more?
- 11th PSVM Annual Convention, October 2014
- World Heart Day 2014
- AUFMC 3rd Postgraduate Course, Clark, Pampanga
- To treat or not to treat--a non-infarct-related lesion: The CvLPRIT study
- 2014 Postgraduate Course in Makati Medical Center